Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

so this is what's keeping me busy !


It has been unbelievably hot and humid here in Japan. But it doesn't stop me from doing what I like to do lately and that is gardening. I always crave to go to my local store to check if there's new herbs that I could potentially grow in my growing garden. It also gives me great pleasure to see the beautiful summer flowers that they are selling this season. My little one seems to love the local store and he even remembers the salesperson and my favourite saleslady Mrs. Ooda or Ooda san. She's the nicest saleslady at Doit
( local  Do it yourself store ). I think she deserves a raise for being so wonderful to her customers :) 

At any rate, I bought some herbs the other day and I got Sweet Marjoram, Oregano,Roman Chamomile,Chives,Garden Sage and Italian Parsley. Yay ! I am so happy to add these beautiful herbs to my garden. I got a new pot that cost me ¥980.00 here and I think that is around $11.00 according to my convertor :) It's my first time to purchase an expensive pot.. hahaha..  It is quite pricey for a pot in my opinion.. So I think I need to take care of that pot :) I also love the design and the colour of this pot. I think I'll be purchasing the other pots with a different design next time. I'm hooked !

So without further ado, here's what I have been doing ...




I used an old plastic pot and planted,Chives,Common thyme and Roman Chamomile.




















  Here's the pretty $11.00 pot :) I planted Garden Sage,Oregano and Italian Parsley here. Don't you love that cutesy litte thingy there ? Loves it !






These are my reminder and guide. 






I also had the time and figured out what  to plant in this area  in the backyard. Those charming flowers are Begonia and Marigold. I chose the pink,white and red flower begonias. But still unsure, what to do,what to plant on the top of that brick.











Here they are up close. As you can see, I love garden ornaments too much :) 


I also planted Salvia and Marigold in the front side of our house.These Salvias and Marigolds were ¥98.00 each.. Pretty cheap huh !

And then last but not the least.. Here are pictures of my little one who was very happy when he saw a surprise visitor. He's very curious of the cat and we have no idea about this cat's whereabouts. I think no one owns her though.Sadly, we cannot own a cat. The husband is allergic to one :( 

To anyone here reading my blog. I hope it's not too hot where you are right now. Have a safe and lovely weekend ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment